Saturday 18 May 2013

Clay session


  For our unit 2 project, the teacher had one of our classmates lay down on a table in the center of the room and with one big block of clay we were to recreate the figure; we had 15 minutes in every side of the perspective, so that we'd get a better view and not rely on our imagination for the other side of the figure.

  The whole idea of the session was to work on our perspective, proportions and practice using clay, a lot of us had't used it before. I found it a lot simpler that I thought it would be and I'm pretty proud of the perspective and the proportions. I used a variety of clay tools and more or less anything I could find that I though may help to smooth out the surface, help me dig into the curves of the back, neck, legs and bust.

  The general surface of the piece needs a lot of polishing and cleaning up, there's also a great lack of detail and it could do with a lot of finishing off but taking into consideration the fact that I'd never really done anything with clay before, I'm very happy with it; I learnt a great amount.







No comments:

Post a Comment